Saturday 9 February 2008

Monkey Tilt

I had to clear 1200 raked hands yesterday to release a bonus that expired at 10pm last night. Long story short: not many games going, had to play on bad short handed tables and got my arse well and truly booted. I have never been rivered so often in one session in my entire life. Dealt KK 22 times during the course of the day - lost 14 times. Nice.

Needless to say this sent me on super duper monkey tilt and I proceeded to spunk off another $500 at 5/10 playing extremely recklessly.

I woke up this morning feeling fucking awful and in a foul mood. I then spent 45 minutes on the phone to Dell customer service trying to get my pc fixed. I have to phone back later once the system test is complete. Oh the fucking joy.

Another valuable lesson (re)learned. When things aren't going your way, stop. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache if I had remembered that. Spunking off $800 to clear a $500 bonus is a complete waste of time.

Today is another day though and I'll be hitting the tables again tonight at some point. I have a lot of ground to make up following last nights escapades.

No comments: