Friday 1 February 2008

Excellent Start to February

In the early hours of this morning I had my first coaching session with danzasmack from Deucescracked.com. It was initially intended to be a hand history review but I was having some problems with a piece of software he uses so we did a sweat session instead. This was pretty amazing really and I got a huge amount out of it. I played 2 tables for a couple of hours while discussing various situations with him as they came up. He encouraged me to open up my game a lot more in certain situations and against certain opponents and it paid off.

The fact that there was one of the fishiest players I've ever seen at these limits made it all the more interesting. The guy was 3 betting 10 4 off suit and running at 80% VPIP with a PFR of 50%. I managed to isolate him a couple of times and get paid off by weaker hands. Towards the end of the session every other player on Stars had clicked on to this guy and when he left the table the waiting list was 14 deep.

I'm looking forward to applying the things we discussed over the next few days.

My computer is now totally arsed after I tried to reinstall the system and it didn't work. I need to get on the phone tomorrow to get it sorted. I'm now on my laptop with my old 19" monitor and it's not nearly as comfortable.

I still can't connect to any Prima skins on my laptop so I'm wondering if it might be something to do with my ISP. I'll have phone them aswell.

I'm taking the night off tonight and having a few jars.

No comments: