Monday 4 February 2008

The Grind

After being a lazy bastard on Friday and Saturday I put in a solid 8 hours today. No big swings, very little in the way of big hands and quite a good uneventful day.

I spent most of the evening bonuswhoring on a Prima Skin which was pretty boring. Even 8 tabling did little to relieve the monotony. I pretty much switch off when I'm doing this so I decided to stick a film on to watch while I played. This isn't something I would recommend unless you're not too worried about missing the action. At the stakes I was playing the game is easily beatable playing straight forward ABC poker. So I watched the Simpsons movie and then Leon which was fine. I also managed to turn a small profit while not paying very much attention. Hopefully doing this now and again will help to stave off the inevitable burn out that I get from time to time.

Later on I hit Stars and played about 1000 hands over 2 sessions. I've cut back the number of tables I'm playing at 5/10 following my coaching session. It made it very clear that I was missing a lot of profitable situations by playing 6 tables. Unfortunately this will cut back on the FPP bonuses but I've got a few other bonuses lined up on different sites which should see me through to the end of the year. Getting to Supernova Elite aint happening anyway. Maybe next year.

Back to the grind again tomorrow...

No comments: