Friday 29 February 2008

Wired

I was going to go to bed but I'm too wired on caffeine to sleep. I'm currently going to bed when my wife leaves for work and gettting up just before she gets home. This was a habit I was hoping to break as I'm going out on the piss tomorrow night and didn't want to feel like I was drinking first thing in the morning.

I had another coaching session tonight and danzasmack sweated me while I played a mixture of hold em and horse. Again I got a lot out of it even though I ran horribly at hold em. I managed to recoup some of my losses at horse though so it's all good. I was able to get some of my noob mixed game mistakes out of the way so it was a very productive session. I really enjoy horse but I'm relatively new to it. Luckily the games are so soft you could probably turn a nice profit just by playing tight. I'm pretty shit at stud and stud/8 but I do ok by just nitting it up. I've got a pretty good handle on O8 and razz though and horse is where you find the worst limit hold em players on the net.

After the session I played some O8 on stars for a few hours and the games were phenomenal. I'm going to start playing this regularly and try to figure out how to play it well. These games are a like license to print money. What gets me is that it is relatively easy to play well but people seem to play really badly post flop. I invested in Pokertracker Omaha tonight and I'm currently running at 6.5bb/100. I was really surprised by this as I didn't think I was running particularly hot or anything. After 100,000 hands I'll let you know if it's sustainable or not.

Another shit blog post but a decent one is coming soon. I need to recap on all of the fuck ups I've made this month!

No comments: