Tuesday 26 February 2008

Best Day Ever

I have played an absolute shitload of poker today and have had my best day since I started playing for a living. Not necessarily in terms of money earned but the best I've played and the most I've enjoyed poker since the beginning of the year.

I didn't play at all for the past few days as I was feeling pretty shit after one of my accounts was locked. I watched a load of videos on Deucescracked had a few beers and chilled out. I knew it would be a bad idea to sit at a table and I'd probably spew. I watched all of the limit hold em videos, moved on to the mixed games videos and finished off with the beginner No Limit content.

I got up today planning to play a little bit and see how it went. I downloaded a few of the sites I used to play on to see what the games were like as I might have to rethink my strategy if the worst happens with the site which will remain nameless. To my surprise I found $500 that I had completely forgotten about on a Cryptologic skin. I was planning to throw $500 on to Full Tilt next month to try my hand at busto stakes No Limit. I decided to sit at a couple of tables of full ring NL25 to get my feet wet. I didn't really know exactly what i was doing most of the time but i managed to win 4 buy ins in about an hour. This was despite the fact I got cooolered twice with set over set and AK < A3 AIPF. I've played less than 200 hands of No Limit in my life so I was quite happy with this. Most importantly I actually enjoyed playing poker again. It was fun.

I then hit up some 3/6 limit on stars for a couple of hours and had a great session, making good decisions and winning about $400. I also cleared the last portion of a $1500 bonus. Suddenly my bankroll is looking ok again.

This evening I spent a couple of hours grinding a bonus on Prima, playing very solidly and had another winning session. I was a bit pissed off with hold em by this time so I decided to play some low limit HORSE on stars armed with my newly acquired mixed game knowledge. I played 1/2 for about an hour and took down another $100.

To cap off my night I played some more NL, quickly going up another 2 buy ins but quit after half an hour or so.

Up about $730 I think but it feels a lot more with the bonus. All in all a good day and hopefully tomorrow brings more of the same.

No comments: