Friday 1 February 2008

Bad End to January

I went out last night and had a few beers with a guy I used to work with which was good. Came home about midnight and let my dog out. The little fucker proceeded to escape from the garden so I wandered around in the pissing rain trying to find a black lab in the dark for an hour. He came back at 4.30am very impressed with himself. Little fucker.

This morning I'm hunting for my fags when suddenly I don't feel so good. I start upstairs to the bathroom, make it halfway up and proceed to be violently sick up the stairs, along the hall and all over the bathroom floor. Ironically I was finished puking by the time I made it to the toilet. All I'll say is I regretted having a kebab last night and the cleanup operation took fucking ages.

So tonight I sit down to get some hands in at the Prima site I've been bonuswhoring and the fucker won't start. No worries I think, I'll just reinstall the software and we'll be away. I do that and I'm still getting the same thing - the software starts and freezes before it opens. I try another Prima skin and get the same thing. So I spend about 2 hours talking with live support, try loads of different things and nothing works. Not good news as I'm relying on this bonus for next months wages.

Later on I tried to install some other software and it won't install and I keep getting errors. I also have a weird bug with Internet Explorer where it writes backwards when I'm typing or the window moves accross the screen when I'm scrolling down the screen. It's a pain in the arse.

My Anti Virus shows nothing, I've ran Adaware and Spybot and get nothing. I've pretty much tried everything I can think of. I'm going to try to reinstall windows later to see if that helps. If not I'll be formatting my hard drive and starting again so it'll be bye bye to another pokertracker database.

As far as poker is concerned, I've had an ok month all things considered. Cashed out $3200 in total which is a slight pay rise compared to my old job. I'm pretty happy with this considering the difficulties I've had adapting to playing full time.

Computer problems aside, I'm looking forward to February. I'm planning on getting a serious amount of hands in now that i have some sort of routine in place and hopefully making a decent amount of money!

Good luck.

No comments: