Wednesday 13 February 2008

Hard Work

Things are taking a more positive turn for me this week. I decided on Saturday that I was going to grind up the stakes to get my confidence and game back. I've used the time since then to focus on my 6 max game instead.

Full ring limit has become increasingly frustrating for me lately due to the poor game selection and a shit run of cards. Looking at the lobby on Stars there are currently 2 tables of 5/10 full ring running and 10 tables of 6 max. Learning to play short handed is something I've been putting off for a long time, mainly because I'm a nit but mostly because I'm a lazy bastard and learning a new game requires time and effort.

My week has consisted of:

1. watching a video on stoxpoker or deucescracked while taking notes
2. playing for an hour and trying to apply the concepts
3. reviewing my session
4. rinse and repeat.

I've found that it's a good way to learn and gets you playing well from the start of the session. There are a huge amount of resources out there for players who want to improve their game and I intend to make full use of them. Next month I might even take a stab at the dreaded NO-LIMIT!

Dell are finally sending a dude out to fix my pc tomorrow following at least 5 hours of phone calls to their technical support people over the weekend. Fuckers.

No comments: