Wednesday 20 February 2008

Limit Poker is a Bitch

I started playing some full ring again a few days ago and I've noticed some improvement in my decision making following a a solid week studying. Unfortunately I suffered 2 days of sick sick coolers and I was totally pissed off with poker.

Last night I sat down and fired up 4 tables and it was more of the same. It is hugely frustrating when you know you are making the correct plays but get fucked over anyway. After getting shat on by a rivered set of 3's against my flopped top 2 pair I was ready to throw my computer out of the window. I insta-left all my tables before monkey tilt took over.

After taking 10 minutes or so to calm down I decided to have another shot. I fired up 9 tables and concentrated on playing solidly and not paying too much attention to the result of any given hand. This is much easier to do when you instantly have other decisions to make. This was probably the best session I've had for a few weeks and I ended up $600 to the good.

I'm killing time this morning waiting on the games to start up. I think I'll spend some more time 9 tabling and hopefully keep up the positive results.

I have another coaching session tomorrow evening so hopefully I can iron out some minor leaks and make some extra cash for the rest of this month.

No comments: