Thursday 28 February 2008

Another Boring Poker Post

I have quite a lot to write about but I can't really be arsed tonight. I'll probably do something decent at the end of the month as it's been a tough one. I think I've been to the highest and lowest points in my poker career over the last 4 weeks. More on that another day.

I'm still trying to mix things up when I'm playing at the moment as it relieves the monotony of sitting on your arse playing poker all night. I've noticed that I'm much more aware of what my opponents are doing now. Before I would fire up some tables and pretty much switch off and autopilot my way through the session. I suppose trying to learn new games has got me used to concentrating when I'm playing.

I played some Razz last night and tonight as this is one game where I'm particularly clueless. That game is just fucking sick. Imagine capping preflop with pocket aces in hold em then having to instamuck your hand on the flop. That shit happens all the time in Razz. Raise Raise Raise on 3rd street with the nuts and fold 4th street when you brick and your opponent doesn't. It was fun in a frustrating and not very profitable kind of way.

I'm still forcing myself to play busto stakes no limit for a couple of hundred hands a day too although my initial hot streak has slowed to a steady trickle. My no limit bankroll is still heading in the right direction though.

Limit is still treating me like a bitch as usual but as long as I feel like I'm playing well I'm not going to let it bother me. I had a hand tonight that made me laugh but I can't find it in pokertracker. Basically I turned the nuts after being check raised on the flop. The other guy goes absolutely apeshit in chat for a full 15 minutes. I've been berated before but this was something else entirely. Obviously I don't respond because I'm above all that nonsense (lol) which infuriates this guy further. Anyway his parting shot was "I can't believe you didn't even say sorry after sucking out on me like that".

I was laughing too much to think of a witty comeback.

I have another coaching session tomorrow night which I'm looking forward to. I have a few particular situations which have come up recently where I'm not entirely sure what my line should be.

In non poker related matters I bought a wii for my son's birthday next month and obviously had to test it tonight to make sure it's working properly. My arms are fucking aching and I've lost about a stone I reckon. Tick off "get more exercise" on my to do list :D

2 comments:

nancy said...

Sure,it's nice to descend with the wind at your back,but it's the hard work of learning to collaborate around a common goal and driving relentlessly towards that vision that we will all be left with have hope and sure you will be a perfect player.
=============
Aditi
FREEROLLS EVERYDAY 11AM TO 11PM WITH NO REQUIREMENTS. JUST DOWNLOAD AND PLAY POKER FREE 7 DAYS A WEEK.

http://www.CelebPoker.com

Anonymous said...

I just want to say Hi to Everyone!