Monday 21 January 2008

Nothing Doing

Not much happening with me over the past few days, still grinding it out. I've been struggling a wee bit with poker too. Couldn't seem to get a winning session in. I seem to be getting a few big hands early on but then proceed to spunk away my $$. I'm making quite a lot of mistakes and doing badly in blind on blind situations again. I'll be doing a big session review this afternoon and going over things with a fine tooth comb. I also have danzasmack doing a hand history review for me on wednesday so that will be useful.

I played a session just now and the tables were really good which is unusual for during the day. Take this for example: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1971603

To be fair I didn't know where the fuck I was at in that hand. Anyway, halfway through the session I was down about $300, same old same old, big draws not hitting and big hands not holding up. I managed to to claw it back though and ended up about $150, hopefully it's the start of a decent run for me.

As I said earlier the daytime games are usually shite so I was thinking about what I could do during the day instead of chasing TAGs around at 5/10. I decided to set myself a little challenge. I've been meaning to learn short handed limit for some time so I'm going to start with 300 big bets at 1/2, play 500 hands a day and see where I end up. I'll move up when I have 300 big bets for the next level and drop down if I hit 300 for the limit below. I'm going to do this until the end of February or March as a bit of a side project. It's more productive than sitting on my arse watching tv or playing the Xbox.

No comments: