Wednesday 16 January 2008

Today

I think today has been the first day I've actually followed the goals which I set for myself at the beginning of the year. I've played 2 sessions and 1000 hands so far today. First session was pretty pish and I dropped $350 over 500 hands playing a mix of 3/6 and 5/10. My 3/6 play has netted me a grand total of 50 cents this year... not even enough for a mars bar. I didn't steam although I was pretty disappointed with some of my play and started to doubt myself a bit.

I was obviously feeling pretty shitty given the break even nature of the last few days so I dug out The Poker Mindset and read some bits and pieces. I then took the dog for a walk and hit the tables tonight with a lot more confidence in my ability. Finally hit a winning session and I'm currently -$75 for the day. i'm going top play another 1000 hands tonight starting around 2 or 3am. I've found that the games are a lot softer at this time but I'm usually too tired (or drunk) to play much. Hopefully I'll manage to get a decent win.

Random information: I was taking a look at pokertracker today and discovered that i had won with AA 28 hands in a row and lost with them twice today.

I'm going to get some sleep.

No comments: