Wednesday 9 January 2008

Knackered but running goot

I seriously need to get my sleeping patterns sorted out. It's 1240am and I'm totally shattered. So much for working through the night...

I'm going to make a supreme effort to stay awake in order to get some sort of semblance of order here. Unfortunately I'm too snookered to play and I really want to. I've had prior experience of playing tired and it's just not worth it for me. I played for a couple of hours earlier tonight and I'm up about $350 or so which is not exactly an incentive for me to keep going. The games were pretty poor tonight with about an average of 18% of players seeing the flop. Luckily I managed to pick up a few good hands in steal positions so was called down light on several occasions. I also made a few good calldowns myself.

I'm quite enjoying playing shorter sessions as I feel I'm taking my A game to the table more and playing a lot better. I'm also taking a few minutes to prepare for playing which is something I seldom did before. I read something about it in Hilger's "The Poker Mindset" and it's helped me immensely, especially if I am facing a tough decision right off the bat.

Being a bit of a lazy bastard has also helped believe it or not. While I've been procrastinating and feeling shite I've read a lot more on 2 + 2 and watched a few videos on Stoxpoker and Deucescracked. Yay for lazyness.

One of the weaknesses I had was blind play which has improved significantly recently and I now feel a lot more comfortable playing out of the blinds. I've also really opened up my range against some opponenents which has proved profitable. These are things I've struggled with for a while so I'm glad to see some progress.

Anyhoo... I'm up $1454 so far. Cashed out $1000 to stick in my savings account and now need to get my finger out of my arse and start grinding.

edit:

Played another short session (against my better judgement) but the tables were looking really good. Ended up +$270 when the games started breaking up. I'm currently running at 6.63bb/100 on my desktop.

I seriously need to stop playing on my laptop and get my arse out of bed in future.