Friday 4 January 2008

Lots of swings

Managed to put in a solid 5 hours so far today and I think I'm done. I played a lot of shorter sessions and left when I didn't think I was playing optimally so I could go over my play in pokertracker. The 5 hours was probably played over 8 sessions or so. I might play another hour or so later tonight.

Really, really swingy day today. I'm up about $75 i think. Had some really horrendous beats but sucked out myself on a number of occasions so it's all good.

One of the reasons I played shorter sessions was because I felt myself becoming a bit tilty with a couple of bad beats. This led to a few marginal call downs with less than optimum hands. As I said, I then reviewed these hands in pokertracker and felt a lot better about my play when I got back to the tables.

I also got the dreaded "ty" after someone sucked out on me with a 2 outer on the river. That shit tilts me instantly but i managed to keep my cool and not give out the usual beratement I reserve for these fuckers. I'll keep that for here.

I actually contemplated asking stars to ban my chat but I discovered that if I type abuse in their player notes it gives me the same sense of satisfaction. It makes for some interesting reading the next time I see them too.

No comments: