Saturday 12 January 2008

A few days off and my first bad session...

I had a few days off to try and get myself motivated for grinding out the rest of the month and approached today with a great amount of enthusiasm. I'm really happy with my game at the moment and have been consistently making good decisions, running goot and generally being fucking amazing.

I played for 2 hours during the day today, again playing the only 2 tables of $5/10 and 2 of $3/6 and did ok. I played for an hour this evening and had a modest win and all was right with the world.

I've just finished another hour long session and got shat on. It was one of those where absolutely nothing goes for you at all. Flopped trips - lose to rivered flush, hit straight - lose to rivered flush, set over set, river a boat - villain rivers quads, hit 2 pair - lose to a bigger 2 pair on the (yup...) fucking river. Down $450 and I'm pretty amazed it isn't more. I fucking hate rivers.

Anyway I'm glad I got that out of my system. It's only 45 big bets and far from disastrous. I'm actually quite glad (?) I've broken my shit session cherry as it was bound to happen eventually. Reflecting on it just now I don't think I played too badly. I made a couple of bad call downs and got sucked out on a few times but all in all I think I did ok. I'm about to review my session in pokertracker so that might change my opinion :)

If I find any hands I played spectacularly badly I'll post them so you can have a laugh at my expense...

edit:

I reviewed my whole session while having a beer or 3 and there really wasn't anything that stood out. I think I'd play all the hands the same. there were 2 hands that I found where I had AK and should have folded the river as I was obviously beat. A bet saved is a bet earned I suppose.

I've had Pokerace HUD for a long time but didn't use it on my old computer as it would flicker like a bastard and really put me off. I downloaded it again because I noticed when I was reviewing my session that I was folding too often against maniacs where I could be 3 betting profitably. I fired up a couple of tables intending to test the fucker out. I played a couple of orbits and it worked fine. I also won a few hands to put me at -$196 for the day.

Not 3 bad really :)

2 comments:

ROSSI said...

just read your blog and linked it to mine, good luck with being a pro.

millar said...

cheer rossi.

i'll link you back :)