Tuesday 12 May 2009

Losing Prop Bets and Winning at Poker

Unsurprisingly I didn't finish my prop bet yesterday and had to ship my stars roll (complete with pizza money). This was mainly because of my inability to 2 table Stars slow arsed turbos without getting bored and stacking off. Once I'd busted twice at the $16 level I gave up.

I'm thinking about doing a 6 or 8 table version later this month as there's a chance this will hold my interest for longer than 5 minutes.

I decided to hit up some Microgaming turbos and went on a seriously sick run cashing in about 90% of the tournaments I played. This was helped by a few insane runner runner luckbox moments and a few beers.

I continued in the same vein today without the luckbox but I think I'm still up. The big appeal of these tournaments is the fast pace and the fact it's pretty easy to put in high volume. Coupled with a bonus which is equal to 55% rakeback it's somewhat profitable.

I just watched some videos on pokertube by some random fish and they were awesome sauce. There's a link in BBV if anyone's interested. The horse one especially is made of win.

Anyway, got about 30 more tournaments to play to hit the magic 100 mark.

Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mate your prop bet skills are non existent. i'll take 8 tables for a week and you won't make it to +$100 sngs.

ty for the dough fish

millar said...

lol

maybe we can sort something out.

How about a last longer in the turbo takedown????

1k minimum.