Wednesday 20 May 2009

The Internetz

Getting back into poker sometimes has it's drawbacks.

For example, I now read 2+2 more often and not just for the strategy posts. I've always been a bit of a fan of their forums and used to read them avidly although I've made around 8 posts in 4-5 years. I was speaking to a guy I know last night who was banned from a certain forum and they were having a vote to let certain people (including him) back in. Fair enough. I then trawled through the gazillion posts on the subject, more out of morbid fascination than anything else and was pretty appalled by some of the stuff written. So many internet hard men there. I would like the time I spent reading these posts back please.

Way back in the day I used to be a moderator on a forum which started out as a bit of a laugh and a general pisstake. Everything was cool for a few months and I think I used my moderator priveleges about twice on something very mundane. Other mods began taking a bit of a harder line, deleting posts, banning people and generally letting the power go to their heads. Obviously people got pissed off with the heavy handedness and general asshattery. They left in their droves. The site died a slow death and in the end the only people who posted there were the fuckwit moderators and their band of toadying minions.

Much as it pains me to say, I can see 2+2 heading the same way. At least the "social" forums anyway. It seems if your face doesn't fit you're persona non grata.

Hilarious.

I had thought the appeal of internet forums and messageboards was that everyone can contribute their own shit freely. With the exception of horse Pr0nz etc.

Anyway, enough of that shit and more about my struggle to become a super rich poker playing fuckwit.

Today i played over 100 tournaments by 4pm. I consider 100 SNG's to be a full day's work so I'm entitled to doss around tonight and do stuff like write this shitty blog post. I'm not going to though. I'm so highly motivated that I'm going to play more poker right now and try to rattle in another hundred.

It's the new me i'm sure.

Poker burnout incoming.

P.S

I'm currently accepting applications for some toadying minions for a future takeover of the internet.

No comments: