Wednesday 19 March 2008

Long Days and Producing the Goods

I've been continuing to put the hours in over the past week or so and my hard work is paying dividends. I passed £3k for the month late last week after running pretty hot and whoring some boni. I've been doing a lot of jumping about from site to site, game to game and playing various stakes from 1/2 to 5/10. It's been useful in keeping me motivated for the long sessions I've been putting in.

I'm really focused on becoming a better all round poker player at the moment and this has really started to show, especially with my hand reading skills. Being a multi tabling TAG I didn't really give this too much thought before but it's always at the front of my mind now. Putting opponents on hands based on their actions is actually quite easy when you think!

My normal poker sessions consist of 2 tables of O8, Stud or HORSE with 4 tables of Hold em as this keeps my mind active when I'm playing and makes my thought process clearer. It takes a bit of getting used to but it prevents me from slipping into autopilot. I've also been recording some sessions with CamStudio to identify leaks. What I will say, it's easy to play good poker when you're explaining every decision you're making.

I've already set my sights on next month and I've decided to really hammer the short handed tables on Ongame and get things up to speed. I've been dabbling a bit with short handed and keep promising myself that I'll play a ton and get good but I tend to get distracted by other things. Next month it's fucking happening - no more excuses. I have a couple of cracking bonuses to do, one of which I'll have to play short handed to stand a chance of clearing so that is reason enough. I'll also continue playing other games, particularly O8. I'm grinding up a completely seperate bankroll for this as I was making a few mistakes at higher limits which cost me a bit. Getting good at NL cash is currently on the back burner but is very much on my to do list.

I've been playing for a living for 2 and a half months now and things have finally clicked into place. It has not been easy making the transition but I think I'm half way there and hopefully there'll be big things to come as the year goes on.

No comments: