Sunday 28 June 2009

Stale

The shot taking is now officially over and it's been an experience. At one point following my last post I was down a little over 4k or 80% of the money I'd set aside and I was a bit down on myself. I cut back to 2 tables at a time so I could focus more on the tougher players and slowly built back up. After a night of drunken gambling I was back up tp -1k which I can handle. I also cleared $1500 in bonus money to put me up over ther course.

I'm probably not at the point where i can beat these games if I'm prefectly honest with myself. I don't mind admitting it either. There's a lot of work to be done on my part over the next few months and I've set myself a rough target of crushing the $108's by Xmas.

I tried to get back into my normal games over the weekend but it wasn't happening. I think I'd focused so much on adjusting to the tougher games that I struggled to adjust back to the fish. I'm finding myself a bit stale atm and I've been thinking of ways I can challenge myself. I was planning on doing busto to robusto this month but put it off to next month. Now I'm putting it off until later in the year - it just doesn't appeal to me right now.

I was looking through some poker books and came accross Colin Moshman's HUSNG book. I liked his first one so I've bought that and have a new plan for next month. Read the book and play heads up lol. As you can imagine this plan was literally days in the making and the amount of planning and preperation that went into it were very time consuming.

I've always fancied learning heads up but put it off for other things. My priority has been making money for the past few months with the missus being off on maternity leave and spending money quicker than I can earn it. She's back to work in July though so now is the time. I know I've got a bit of a tendency to not stick at something but variety is the spice of life as they say and poker does get a bit boring when you're grinding it out day after day. I've got a really good rakeback deal too so even if I break even for a full month I'll still make 3k or so.... if I work at it.

No comments: