Sunday 5 April 2009

Return to Limit

I've not played a single hand of limit hold em for months, certainly not this year anyway and decided to fire up a couple of tables to see how it went. I was kind of dreading it in a way as I had convinced myself that this was the devil's form of poker having well and truly sickened myself of it.

Surprisingly it went ok. I was a little bit rusty i suppose and made a couple of errors but otherwise played pretty solid poker. I kind of got into a groove with it after a while too. This is by far my best game but I tended to shy away from it, mainly out of boredom and partly because it sent me on monkey tilt in the early days of playing for a living.

I suppose i have a slightly different outlook on things this time around. I'm not particularly afraid of failing and having to get a job because I've kinda been there and done it and now I'm out the other side. This makes for a more calm and serene Millar.

I've set myself some vague goals for the month in my head but lets just say I'm aiming pretty low for this month and trying to focus on putting the hours in. I'll get these down in some sort of solid form tomorrow which is officially my first day of work.

Planning on getting an early start too...

No comments: