Sunday 12 October 2008

Turn it up to 11

After a week of fucking around and having to do other stuff I finally got my finger out of my arse and put some hours in.

I played over 100 SNG's today ffs.

It went ok and i probably ended up around my equity with a $300ish profit. It was fun getting it in waaaay ahead and being sucked out on by the river.

2 or 3 outers were the order of the day.

I would have finished down a lot if it wasn't for an insane run right at the end when i cashed 6/6 with 2 wins.

I don't normally talk about hands but there's one I'm really angry at myself about:

6 max SNG, I'm in the bb with around 8bb, sb has less than 1bb in his stack and the button covers. I have 33 and decide I'm calling/pushing whatever happens. The button pushes and sb calls and I decide I'm calling... I must be fucking stupid.

Anyway I call and button has A8, shortstack wakes up with AQ and takes down the pot and I'm eliminated at the bubble with a decent sized stack.

I have a lot to learn. I need to eliminate fuzzy logic from my game and learn to judge situations better even though i'm multitabling.

I also played a bit of O8 but the games were pretty tight but I did ok.

Unfortunately I have to do some shit next week so I don't really know when I can hit the tables hard. I'm tempted to fuck all the other stuff and play the pokers but having half a business I need to work occasionally.

Going back a few months I really didn't think I'd prefer to play poker than make an honest living!

No comments: