Saturday 12 April 2008

9 days on...

To ease my suffering after getting my arse kicked at the tables I went to Edinburgh to have a beer with one of my favourite bloggers Luckyjimm. We had a few beers and spoke about poker and life in general. It was a good laugh and I might write a full trip report later if I can be arsed.

Since then poker has been going pretty well. I don't even have much to moan about today for a change! Omaha 8 is going superbly and I reckon I'll be ready to move up to 10/20 on a more permanent basis at the end of the month. It's quite weird looking back on how much my game has improved in the relatively short time I've been playing. Obviously coaching really speeds your progression and props once again to danzasmack. I would have saved myself a lot of heartache if I had got some coaching when I was learning hold em.

After my last post I decided to take a break from 6 max for a few days and do a bit more studying to better equip myself. One positive aspect of getting killed at short handed play is that when you go back to full ring the decisions seem much simpler. I'm running at something like 8bb/100 over 5000 hands since taking a break. I've more than covered my losses so all is right with the world again. It might be that my thought process is a bit sharper after investing a bit of time trying to improve.

I've been trying to get to grips with 7 card stud for the past few days too and that's going reasonably well. I still pay a bit of HORSE and stud or stud 8 are by far my weakest games so I'm going to spend a little bit of time learning these over the next few weeks. If I can get to the stage where I feel competent then I'll be happy.

I feel like things are starting to come together a bit more for me now. I remember posting at the start of the year when I would sit down to play and have zero table selection as I played 5/10 full ring and there would be like 3 tables running. Today I got up and opened 4 different sites and had the choice of O8, hold em, 7 card stud and HORSE and I basically picked the games that looked the best.

I was spoilt for choice to be honest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.