Saturday 20 September 2008

Roll On Tomorrow...

This isn't a post about my new deodorant.

I'm back to full time poker as of tomorrow and I'm pretty excited to be honest. I've spent most of today sorting out my office and getting stuff ready. I'm all set.

In the afternoon I went to see Claypotts Castle with the wife and bairns. It's normally closed to the public but opens for one weekend a year. Anyhoo... we parked the car and cut through a park to get to the castle and there was a long-jump pit type thing. My son asked me what it was and I was trying to explain. In a fit of stupidity I decided to show him my 1337 long-jump skills. Unfortunately when I landed the sand was like concrete and I jarred my foot pretty badly. I really hope no-one was watching as I limped out of the park. I spent the rest of the day hobbling about being a miserable bastard.

Back to poker:

I'm planning to start at a fairly low level to avoid any stress early on. I have about 3 months worth of living expenses coming in over the next week for work I've done recently so making big cash is not a priority right now.

I've set myself goals for the first week which I'm not going to bother posting, mainly because I can't be arsed but I'm going to take things a week at a time. I'm going to set aside some time every Sunday to go over things, review my play and not let shit get out of control.

I've read through most of this shitty blog and can remember some pretty dark times when I didn't have any confidence in my play and let things get to me. This time I'm not going to give a fuck about short term results. It's going to be all about volume, getting in a shitload of hands and not getting stressed.

Bring it on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck in going pro.

Can I ask how many tables and what stakes your usual game is? Going pro is a dream for me but my attitude stinks lately and it is a million miles away right now.

Extremapoker.com said...

Dear friend:


We would be pleased to Exchange the link with you. We are from
http://extremaduraclubdepoker.blogspot.com/2008/01/wwwextremapokercom.html
We would like to invite you to the first free roll tournament we are just about to open with 800 dollars prizes. Rigth now we´re just 12 players. Lets poker.
If you are interested to exchange the link , leave us a message in our site.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

millar said...

When I started out in January I played $5/10 full ring limit - usually 6 tables at a time. I learned pretty quick that full ring at this level is incredibly tough to beat so I sort of branched out into other things.

This time I'll be playing 5/10 or 10/20 O8 if the games are good, Limit hold em at 3/6 and maybe some 5/10, 3/6 Horse if it's running and some busto stakes no limit, 7cs and Razz.

I'll probably still 6 table but it'll be something like 2 tables of O8 and 4 tables of something else. Whatever looks good at the time.

This week I'm going to grind out some SNG's to get into playing long sessions because I'm really bad for quitting early. I'll see how it goes but I'm trying to stay pretty flexible - as long as I put the volume in.

I would say going pro is a good dream to have but the dream is much better than the reality. Attitude is very important too which I found out to my cost the last time. I read a book called Professional Poker by Mark Blade which has some decent stuff in it for people thinking about playing for a living.

My advice would be to take a fortnight off work or whatever and try it out. I think it's a different experience for everybody and you won't know until you give it a bash.

Fuck me, this turned out longer than most of my blog posts.

Good luck mate.

Free Poker said...


Happy new 2013.
Regards for poker players
--------------

Lena Stollman
Brad Cassar